The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I've Got Itchy Feet

First off let me be very clear. I don't have Athlete's Foot. There is no fungus among us. What I'm referring to is I've been in 1 place for too long.

I drove trucks cross country for years before I finally burned out on the constant travel. But, like an alcoholic, I still crave it from time to time. This is one of those times.

I've been semi-planning a trip to Belize for a couple of years, but those kind of tropical destinations are wasted without a companion to share the experience with. As has been duly noted time and again, I am severely lacking in that department. It's also not much of a first date kinda thing either.

What's a middle aged single guy to do?

So while searching the net for all-inclusive Caribbean travel deals, I stumbled across Viking Resort. YOWZA! Talk about your "all-inclusive" vacation! That's not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of airfare, room, meals and drinks. They take it a (ginormous) step further.

Why don't I just cruise Craigslist and take the Ho d'jour? It would be cheaper and the number of STD's would be right on par. Itchy feet would be the least of my worries.

Who goes to a place like that? (I really, realllly don't want to think about that.)

9 comments:

Denney Crane said...

There are plenty of tropical destinations that there are 4 times more women tourists than men... After a few days and a few drinks, the body craves things that not normally happens in country...

Not that I have experienced it personally...

Denney Crane said...

One other word... JAMAICA!

Melissa Wright said...

I am confused. What is it that you are looking for? A vacation, a drink, a woman? Or all of the above? No need to look on Craigslist... *hint hint* I don't have athletes feet either ... whatever that was about? I haven't been online in a while. Just catching up tonight.

RPM said...

I guess the correct answer was all of the above.

Itchy feet is just a metaphor I've always used for wanting to travel. Apparently, I didn't explain it well.

Trust me, I'm NOT trolling Craigslist.

an Donalbane said...

Oh, my! Yeah, I'd for sure be afraid of the kind of 'mementos and souvenirs' one might bring home! Even if you came home physically well, you'd probably want to soak your soul in MEK or carb cleaner...ugh.

Maybe that's why the buses down there have the placards on the windows (I don't remember whose blog I saw that on).

Perhaps Danica will meet you for a cruise after racing season is over?

just a girl... said...

Just get a stripper and have a pina coloda its cheaper! Oh and I have the itch feet as well.

littlesister said...

You don't get it!! Take your sister, then get a drink and a stripper... she dont care....

suecoch111 said...

Why not talk to Gueen via e-mail or her blog !

RPM said...

I would if I had her e-mail address.