The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Kenseth Wins!

Matt Kenseth won the rain shortened Daytona 500. "The Big One" did not happen in Turn 4, but on the Superstretch as Dale Jr caused a massive pile-up after he punted Brian Vickers out of the way. Jr had been making mental mistakes all day and this was the icing on the cake. The only reason he was not penalized is because he's Dale Jr. An identical move in the Nationwide Series race yesterday got Jason Leffler parked for 5 laps.

I'd do a more detailed race recap, but I'm barely able to sit here and type. The Double Patty Melt I ate for dinner last night at Sonic in Bridgeport has had me in bed all day except for several rapid trips to the bathroom. It was either that or the non-stop barrage of "Digger Cam".

Not exactly how I had planned on spending my last day of vacation.

2 comments:

Melissa Wright said...

I wasn't too pleased with the outcome of the race. However, I do have Kenseth on 2 of my leagues. I just think that they should have finish. Damn, 50 laps come on. They didn't take any time contemplating on that one. Oh well, he did gain me some points. I hope that your Valentine's was great! Happy Valentine's ... a day later.

Melissa Wright said...
This comment has been removed by the author.