The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Haven't Done This In A While



I have quite possibly one of the world's oddest work schedules. Some days, some nights. But it's always consistant. Same schedule every week. Last week my boss told me there would be a change because I have to cover for someone. We even discussed some of the changes to my deliveries. No problem.

I look at the schedule and it has me working a mid-day shift on Thursday. I could have sworn it was the only change. (I was wrong) I show up bright eyed and bushy tailed for work this morning (because I slammed a 5 Hour Energy for breakfast) and promptly discover that I am working 2 - 10 today.

D'OH!

I think the last time I did something like this was about 15 years ago when I worked construction. I woke up in a panic that I had seriously overslept and was late for work. I drove like a madman to get to the jobsite only to discover it was Sunday morning.

No comments: