The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, June 23, 2008

Hang On Baby Jesus, This Is Gonna Get Bumpy!



Wow, I really like this Feedjit widget. Now I can see who's looking at The South 40 and it's freaking amazing! I had no idea people from outside the WC checked it out, much less Canada, Belgium, New Zealand and China!

Holy frijoles!

Feedjit has also allowed me to check out a few new blogs, some of which are pretty f'n funny, like Calvin and Bubba . Hang in there Bubba!!!

As long as I'm rambling, I have a few words about the posters over at Liberally Lean . Those guys have become pretty callus lately. A post about a cute baby and out come the anonymous anti-abortion nutbags. A post about a family of 5 all killed in a car wreck and more venom from anonymous posters. If you want to be an asswipe, at least have the balls to post with an identity. You can't track the players without a scorecard... Know what I mean? That's why I ask everyone that posts comments here to please use some sort of ID. If you don't have a Google ID then make something up. You cooperation with this is greatly appreciated.


I also want to let all the NASCAR fans out there that haven't already become addicted to the Monday Roundtable Edition of NASCAR Now on ESPN2 to check it out. Allen Bestwick picks up right where he left off when he was ungloriously ousted from SPEED's Inside Winston Cup (yeah, I'm old school). The show is fast, funny and informative. AB is the premier announcer in NASCARland and his skills shine on this show.

The only problem with it is ESPN is constantly changing the airtime. It's scheduled for 4:30pm CDT, but it may come on at anytime if ESPN2 is showing another sport. This show is too good to be bounced around the schedule. If anyone at ESPN is listening, put the show on at 7pmCDT and let it compete heads up with This Week In NASCAR (SPEED's latest revamp of IWC). We're big boys and girls and know how to program our DVR's, but if you bounce the program from it's scheduled time we can't record it. Comprende, amigo?

Enough ranting for now. I have to put on some Shooter Jennings and get warmed up for a night of virtual dogfighting on Aces High.




4 comments:

calvin ray and bubba said...

Thank for the shout out buddy. I totally agree with you about the commenters on liberally....vicious bastards they are. Yeah, trying to get my daily NASCAR fix on ESPN is a real roll of the dice. You never know when it's gonna be on pisses me off to no end. Who do you pull for? I'm a big Kasey Kahne fan myself, loves me some Dodge.

RPM said...

Right now I really don't have a favorite driver. All my guys have retired. I used to be a Mark Martin fan, but since he went DEI not so much.

Anonymous said...

Those might be my friends from France who read your blog. They came to see us last year, and I showed them Barry's blog, and they got a kick out of it, since they drove thru Decatur to get up here. We met them over the internet, thru myspace, and I'll be darned if they didn't actually come visit us. When they got to DFW, we said, go up 287N, get to the big oil derrick on your left and take that right to Alvoid, and then come on our way, and watch the hell out for those big darned oil tanker trucks. They got here with no problem.

P.S. Your program shows I come from Gainesville, but I don't. It's too urban for me. I live in Gawd's Country. But thank goodness I have a nice DSL connection where I live.

Kathleen... said...

I agree on the anonymous monkey posters at LL. Lots of Dilly Bars drippin' over at the Queen.