The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Class of '08


Just got back from Harker Heights, Tx. The late Sheila Reed's daughters were graduating from High School. I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of her daughter Jenn.

After everything this poor girl has been thru in the last year, she still managed to graduate with Honors. She also made sure her older sister Karena, a cerebral palsy victim, got to cross the stage. For those of us that were close to Sheila this was a very emotional event.

On the way back from the Bell County Expo Center the sun passed behind a cloud and it was the most beautiful sunburst you have ever seen. We all agreed that Sheila was smiling down upon us.

Altho the acoustics of the Expo Center left much to be desired, overall I was impressed with the facility and the commencement. One thing I was particularly impressed with was the live video link they had with Camp Freedom in Iraq so the parents serving there could watch their children graduate. Very nice touch!

I was also impressed with the ride there and back in a Chevy HHR. Yeah, I know. Blasphemy coming from a Ford fan, but this was a very nice vehicle. Other than a tiny air leak somewhere on the passenger side, which can happen on any vehicle, I could find little to fault with it. The 35 MPG was very impressive especially when you consider we were over 70 MPH most of the way. I doubt my Suzuki Carry could equal that kind of performance.

No comments: