The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's not the heat, it's the humidity

Man, have I become spoiled. It will be next week before I get my air conditioner that was damaged in the fire replaced and I have been sweating my butt off. It hasn't even hit 90 yet and I have been walking around resembling a wet sponge. Bottom line is, I did'nt react this way to the heat this way when I was younger.

As a kid I grew up in a houses that had little or no a/c. If we did have a/c it was a" swamp cooler". They keep you cool, but push so much humidity that everything is damp and covered in mildew. As I got older we got better a/c, refridgerated window units that kept a room or two cool. It's only in the last few years that I have lived with central HVAC and it has ruined my resistance to the heat.

This from a guy that wants to move to Central America. I'm sure Belize is abound with air conditioning.

Luckily, I live in the country. It's peaceful and quiet. I have plenty of shady trees. So for the meantime, it's old school... fans in the windows and a cold beer. You know, it could be a whole lot worse.

No comments: