The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Like My Daddy Always Said...

Even a blind sow finds an acorn now and then. (a/k/a Sometimes you just get lucky.)

I've been wanting to add airbags to my F-350 to smooth out the ride. When I'm hauling a load, the springs will beat you to death because that's what leaf springs do. When I'm empty it's even worse. Airbags stop all that and turn a bucking dually into a Cadillac ride.

I'd been putting off buying a set since I had to spend so much under the hood a few months ago, but I decided to look around for prices again the other night. The rear set runs $350 - $450 depending where you look. Sometimes you'll find them a few bucks cheaper, but shipping usually evens it out. After searching eleventybillion websites and online catalogues I finally stumbled across a set for $259! I knew I had to be overlooking something because even with shipping it was under $280. But I couldn't find any loopholes so I bit the bullet and ordered a set.

Today I went back to look at the parts again and check the shipping status. To my surprise the advertised price had jumped to $340. Apparently somebody was lax in updating their online pricing and I got their attention. There is still one place that has them for $302 if anyone is looking and that's the lowest online price I found. But my order has processed and is on the way at the $259 price.

Looks like I have a shop project this weekend!
UPDATE: The parts arrived Wednesday afternoon. Talk about fast shipping!

No comments: