The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Movies You've Watched 1000 Times


I was watching The Daily Show the other night and during an interview with Liam Neeson the subject of movies you watch whenever they're on and you're up was raised. You know what I mean. It's 3am, you can't sleep and that movie is on. For Liam it was Midnight Express. Not a bad pick, btw.

Not sure I could nail it down to THE one, but I've got a short list that I don't stray far from (in no particular order):

  1. The Right Stuff
  2. Blood Alley
  3. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
  4. Blazing Saddles
  5. Last American Hero
  6. They Were Expendable
  7. Hud
  8. The Blues Brothers
  9. Strategic Air Command
  10. 12 O' Clock High
Now that by no means is my Top 10 movie list, although it probably makes up a good chunk of it. But if I'm up and one of those movies is on, I'm probably watching it (and quoting lines from it).

I'm also a sucker for old TV shows. Channel 49 has been filling the gap with The Rockford Files, Emergency!, Hawaii Five-0 and more on my DVR. But starting this month they decided to begin using local programming and scrapped Five-0 and Emergency! among other MeTV shows.

Sheesh, couldn't they have axed Bonanza and The Wild, Wild West instead?


No comments: