The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The South 40 Emerges From The Primordial Ooze!

I got a flyer in the mail last week saying broadband was now available to me. I've recieved those mass junk mail flyers before, but I called anyway. To my shock, DSL is indeed available at The South 40. Since the dawn of time I've been limited to dial-up. Topography blocked microwave broadband and the phone infrastructure couldn't support DSL

I was living in a Black Hole, or lagoon as the case may be. Now Centel has sold to Sprint who sold to Embarq who begat CenturyLink that merged with Qwest.

I don't care who's running the show, I'm finally getting broadband. My order is booked and the router is on the way via UPS.

This time next week I'll be YouTubeing and Facebooking (not to mention online gaming) my ass off!

Heh, I'm giddy like a schoolgirl pumped!

No comments: