The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Strange Dreams



I have been having some really odd dreams lately. Usually I can't remember details, I just remember it was a dream and it was strange. Last night I had a very vivid dream and I remember most of the details.

I was shopping at a grocery store in Ft. Worth and they custom cut a brisket for me. All the employees were very friendly and even tho we just met I became instant friends with nearly all of them. I was even invited to a surprise birthday party they threw for a coworker. Everyone had a great time.

After the party I got in my pickup and drove down the street to a white wood frame house. I got out and knocked on the door. A pretty woman answered and invited me in. Contrary to where you think this is heading I asked her for a glass of tea.

While she was in the kitchen getting the tea I looked out the window. Even tho it was a beautiful day just seconds before, now there were random clouds grouping together and forming tornados, LOTS of tornados! I watched as the tail of one came down and slammed into the ground a mile or so away sending out a huge shockwave of debris and destruction.

I ran to the kitchen to warn the woman and we saw another tornado hitting the ground behind the house. Several people from the grocery store had arrived at the house seeking shelter. We could see the shockwave heading toward us and were looking for something to hang onto when my phone rang and I woke up.

Like I said, really odd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF!! Sounds like me after a Ambein and Scotch!! Good times

littlesister said...

What the hell are you drinking??? And why haven't I been invited to have some???

Anonymous said...

I had a weird one Saturday night, had been asleep maybe an hour and a half.

Heard a distinct knocking (4 or 5 knocks in quick succession) on a door with 9 windowpanes. Went over to turn on the lights (a 2 or 3 gang switch cover) and grew frustrated that the lights would not come on. My hands were crossed over my chest, as if in a sleeping bag or blanket.

About that time I woke up from the frustration, and after a half minute or so processed that the knocking sound in the dream could very well have been on my bedroom window. So, I armed myself with a flashlight, cellphone, and something more persuasive (downright Bulldog-ish in case a SonofaSam happened to be lurking).

Had just about convinced myself that the sounds were only in the dream, when a couple of minutes later I heard the clatter of some boards on my deck (leftovers from some project).

Still, turning on the back porch and yard lights, saw nothing, and found no footprints in the morning.

But it probably would've been a mistake if there'd been someone contemplating coming through the window or back door...