The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good Country for an Old Cowboy

When I went to Fort Worth last week I picked up a copy of Fort Worth Weekly as I left the restaurant where I ate lunch and tossed it in the back seat of my truck. I used to enjoy reading the free "alternative" paper when I worked in the Metromess, but you can't find a copy around here to save your life. I was quickly reminded why I was such a fan of the paper when I finally got around to cleaning out my truck and read it last night.

There was an excellent cover story about veteran actor and native Texan, Barry Corbin. I've long been a fan of his work (War Games, Lonesome Dove, Northern Exposure, No Country For Old Men), but I knew next to nothing about the man other than he loved cutting horses.

You can find the story here. It's a great read.

No comments: