The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Why I'm Single

Text: I Heard what you said. Don't understand. Guess I should have expected it, but didn't.

Me: What the **** are you talking about?

Text: [No reply for the last 2 days.]

Ya know, you'd think I would have a clue as to how the fairer sex operates after all this time. But, I don't.

I need some clues like what did I say? Who did I say it to? What was the context? Who told you what?

I got out of High School over 29 years ago. You'd think this kinda stuff would have stopped by now.

3 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

The married life is good but I won't say better, that's a limb I wont climb. But after 20 yrs., we've learned to ignore the little petty crap like that. And that is the only advice I can give. When all is said and the day is done, you will at least be happy. Good Luck with it -- really Good Luck.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Well, if you don't know, I'm certainly not going to tell you!
:)

el chupacabra said...

Actual texts on my phone now:

Her- I'm sorry I upset you. I just get wrapped up in this and and a little crazy sometimes. I really care and don't mean to upset you.

Me- This is kevins phone- wrong number??

This morning after I got off work we texted for a minute while she was at her office. We did fine. I was exhausted and she KNEW I had literally turned in 100s of hours worth of invoices over the past 30 days. I passed smooth out at some point. I awoke this afternoon to find these gems:

Her: Hello, are you there?

Her: Did I say something to hurt you or make you mad?

Her: : (

Her: You are making me crazy!

Her: I hope you are just sleeping. Rest well my love.

I would stack this woman up against any in any category but, good grief, high school was a long, long time ago...

So yeah, I feel your pain.