The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

PJTP Vol.5

  • My yard went from dead to jungle virtually overnight.
  • I haven't been to CiCi's in Decatur. I'm still trying to repress the memory of the last one I went to in Grande Prarie. Worst, pizza, ever.
  • I met another faithful reader last week. That's always awkward. They're telling me they like my writing and all I can think is Mrs. Read would give me about a C+ and tell me I'm not applying myself.
  • I don't apply myself.
  • 2 weeks until racing returns to TMS. I've never seen an Indy Car race before. I'm more hyped about the NASCAR Truck race.
  • I've got a head cold but I tell everyone it's the Swine Flu. A couple people freaked out until I told them I was kidding. They were not laughing.
  • I bought a brand new computer designed for gaming 6 months ago and I already need to upgrade my video card and RAM to play Aces High. I have all kinds of issues with that game, but I'm badly addicted to it.
  • The new Sam Raimi movie "Drag Me to Hell" looks scary as all get out. He is a great director.
  • American Idol picked a winner last night and there is quite a bit of controversy. I could care less.

3 comments:

LandShark 5150 said...

Went to the first Indy at TMS it was a night race - freaking cool, breaks glowing. I do think Tony Stewert won it. What a difference in speed, get to the fence and watch'em go by. Makes my fin stand up.

an Donalbane said...

Though I'm not a rabid racing fan, have been to NASCAR Car and Truck races and IndyCars at TMS, as well as MotoCross and Bandoleros (my son got to drive one of them a few years ago).

By far my favorite was the IndyCar race - may have been the same one Sharky was at. Those cars are awesome.

When I was a kid, I'd spend time at my grandparents' in Kansas. There was a dirt track (1/4 or 1/2 mile oval) on the edge of town where we'd go watch basically jalopies race, and sometimes they'd have demolition derbies also. I loved going to those races.

Silicone Alley said...

I still dont know who you are.