The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Bring it on down to Plasticville!


http://www.hulu.com/watch/72447/saturday-night-live-surgery-center


If you asked me a year ago who my favorite SNL host was, I probably would have said Steve Martin, Buck Henry or Alec Baldwin. Now, without a doubt it's Justin Timberlake.


WHAT?!?


Yeah, I'm having a hard time with it myself. I'm not a JT fanboi by any strech of the imagination. I can only name 1 song he sings and it's "Dick in a Box" from SNL. But I have to admit he has talent as an actor.


Whenever Justin is on SNL, things just seem to come together. The writing is better, the skits are funnier and you actually laugh out loud instead of wondering why SNL is still on the air. Whether it's a cameo or hosting they bring the funny when Justin's around.


The writer's have managed to put together a running skit with Justin as a singing shill in a costume. It's greatness.

7 comments:

Denney Crane said...

Timberlake is an exceptional talent. I NEVER miss SNL, been watching since the 70s.

The political parodies in the last year have been as good as the Belushi samurai skits. Tina Fey is one of my top 10 personalities of all time, another highly talented actor/writer/comedienne.

an Donalbane said...

I dunno. I'm old enough to have watched the inaugural season, and have been more loyal than the show's deserved, and still watch occasionally.

I think I would grudgingly have to admit that JT is one of the better hosts, though I'm not a fan of the satire songs, since my teenage sons seem to think it's OK to recreate them in front of my [grade-school age] daughter.

Enjoyed Jimmy Fallon's reprisal of Barry Gibb this past week. I like Jimmy, enjoyed his turn on Update, but I don't think he's found his groove on the talk show. His interviews sometimes seem a bit awkward.

RPM said...

Jimmy Fallon needs a large dose of Xanex before doing Late Night. He's nervous and jittery. But, he's always been nervous and jittery.

I expect he will be like Conan and take a few years to find his groove.

Personally, I watch Craig Ferguson. Best monologue since Carson.

just a girl... said...

Love, Love, Love Justim Timberlake. The dick in the box was good enough but the mom one was even better.

Duh said...

The sketch about his great great grandfather coming to America was brilliant.

"So, he'll sing like a girl?"

Kasie said...

I watched is last night. I LOVED it and I also think JT is one of my favorites. I have to agree with just a girl, Dick in a Box was good, but the mothers days song was even better. I'm sure they will have a music video for it soon. Andy Samberg cracks me up! The album Incredibad from the Lonely Island is a hilarious CD. Look it up on itunes. It has a ton of really funny songs by Andy Samberg and his crew.

RPM said...

The Mother's Day video is up on Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/72434/saturday-night-live-motherlover#s-p1-st-i1