I pieced the styrofoam back together and shipping taped the fool out of it, then remeasured, marked and double checked my marks. This time I had it right and proceeded to trim the styrofoam.
Next, I pieced together the carpet and managed to get it completely covered. The beauty of a black carpet mosaic is everything matches. A healthy coat of spray glue on the insulation and another on the ceiling and we're ready to go!
Much to my surprise, it fit the first try and it made a firm bond. I decided to push my luck and fit the 3 trim pieces that go around it, There is a constant 2 1/2 inch gap, but each section is a different length to accommodate for lights, ect. I knew I had enough foam and carpet but wasn't sure about glue. I had to spray the carpet, both sides of the styrofoam and the cab interior. I may have gone a tad overboard with the top section. The cab did get a little foggy.
The interior Gods were smiling upon me and I managed to get all 3 pieces fabricated and installed before running out of glue right as I finished. It doesn't look laser cut, professional. But it looks a heck of a lot better than it did before.
Tomorrow's episode: The Swather! Part Deux