The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Charlo Greene gets the last laugh



Remember Charlo Greene? She was the Alaskan reporter who famously F-bombed her bridges behind her live on the air to campaign for legal marijuana. Come to find out she actually owned a dispensary and had a very legitimate dog in the fight.

Well unlike 10,000 unemployed comedians, in this case it looks like quitting her day job paid off.

More than one person is calling her the MVP of the legalization movement that narrowly passed with 53% of the vote last November. Maybe she will take a job down here now. Seriously, it's beyond time to end prohibition in Texas. But then again, there are still counties here where you can't legally buy a cold beer on a hot summer day. Yeah freedom?

One of the questions being asked is if Alaskans can import weed. As a former Coastie that served a few years up there when it was legal in the 70's and knew a couple of guys who grew up in the Matanuska Valley... they don't need to be worrying about importing a damn thing. Other than getting their hands on pure CDB strains to combat seizures, it would make about as much sense as people in South America importing cocaine (Archer Vice episodes excluded). They got some mighty famous stuff up there that will leave you Thunder... struck.



Speaking of AC/DC and Alaska in the 70's, I shall digress. That's where I first crossed paths with the boys from down under and my musical horizons were forever broadened. Bob Wills and ZZ Top were pretty badass, but they had nothing like this. This music grabbed you by your innards, shook you and didn't let go. And that singer! In my whole life I'd never heard anyone sing like Bon Scott. It was a true epiphany for me.

After my first exposure I immediately backtracked their entire catalogue and bought everything I could get my hands on.

Here's a few of the songs that hooked me before before he went to that big brothel in the sky. Hey, it's legal there and I'm pretty sure if you asked him that's his idea of heaven. If I'm wrong he's free to correct me.

RIP Bon.


In case nobody has mentioned this before, I was a woefully green kid before I joined the Coast Guard. My life was drastically changed by your talents.

No comments: