The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, February 20, 2015

An Order Of Rage For Lunch

I had to run a few errands this afternoon and stopped by Chico Mart on the way home to grab some fish (it's a Friday thing). I hadn't eaten anything all day and my tummy was rumbling something fierce.  I walk in and ask for an order of fish. I see fish in the display case, but he tells me they will have to cook some fresh. I assume those are display pieces I'm looking at and don't question why. I pay the kid then he walks off. No order number, ask my name, nothing. Well, it was a little after 4 and the place is empty, so I don't really worry about it and took a seat.

Then a few minutes later another customer comes in, walks up to the other end of the counter (it's a confusing layout) and asks "Is that fresh fish?" They tell him yes and he says "I'll take it." The lady walks out of the kitchen and hands him an order of fish. Hmm... A minute or so later another customer walks up and orders fish. She walks out and hands him an order of fish.

(Insert needle dragging across record here.)

OK, WTF is going on here? I get up and ask where my order is that I already paid for? The kid at the register that took my order says "It's not ready yet. You'll have to wait." I replied, "Yeah, it's not ready because you keep giving it away to walk up customers." I got so mad I just said "Forget it" walked out without getting my money back before I started saying what I really meant down deep.

I wish we had more dining choices than a Mexican Food joint, Subway and a gas station. Small town problems.

No comments: