The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's Spurs and Latigo


Nothing quite like spending a Saturday night watching small town rodeo. My niece was competing in Jr. Barrel Racing in the Forestburg Riding Club Rodeo, so you know I'm going to be there. She came in 4th. Not too shabby in my book. Her time was .4 seconds faster than than her last race. Keep that up and she'll have a buckle collection before long.

It was actually an impressive turn out. First time in my life I've ever witnessed a traffic jam in Forestburg!

Being the well connected kinda guy that I am, I was invited to watch the Bull Riding from above the bucking chutes. They had a fairly rank bunch of bulls, too. I still need a lot more practice with my camera. I tried the Sports setting hoping to get some clean shots, but they still came out blurry. I'm thinking the bulls might possibly have had a little bit to do with that.

Clown: Hey, you got any nekkid pictures of your Wife?
Announcer: NO! I don't have pictures of my wife naked!!
Clown: Ya wanna buy some?

No comments: