The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Or as one of my favorite bloggers/resort owners would say "Happy Zombie Jesus Day"!

Altho I'm not what anyone would ever mistake for a religious person, even tho I am an ordained Minister in 2 religions, I've always felt a connection with Easter. It was one of the few times a year I would dare enter a "house of God" without fear or guilt. Those lighting bolts are freaky accurate and I don't see the point in narrowing the target area to start with.

My birthday has a habit of falling near Easter and on occasion it coincides exactly. Such was the case when I was 3 or 4, I really can't remember. What I do remember is that the first time it happened was at my Granny Annie's house in Jacksboro (that for some reason scared the crap out of me), I was surrounded by people I didn't know (Mom's side of the family and friends that I never saw) and I had had huge rabbit cake that said "Hoppy Birthday".

I think I had a good time, but all I can remember is the cake and being freaked out by not knowing anyone at my birthday party. I was kinda hyper as a kid anyway and this was long before ADD meds. Since then I really haven't give a crap about Birthdays.

The few times I've ever been to church were Christmas and Easter. To be completely honest, I couldn't tell you why. Peer pressure, maybe?  Who knows.

I do know I have a clearer conscience about Easter than anyone that works for Mars, Hershey or Nestle.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

The leporid pictured, is, I believe, Harvey's evil twin...