The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, April 16, 2012

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

  • Happy Emancipation Day! We get to file taxes on Tuesday instead of today! It's like a 24 hour stay of execution.
  • I hate Quicken or Quicken hates me. I haven't decided which.
  • I woke up with a tree limb in my eye. Well, it feels like a tree limb anyway. 1/2 a bottle of lubricating tears and it's still in there!
  • Ever since I had LASIK I can't see anything up close with out reading glasses. Ever try to look for something in your eye in the mirror while wearing glasses? It doesn't work.
  • We didn't go to Texas Motor Speedway this time (and from the look of the crowd, we weren't the only ones). First NASCAR race I've missed since the track opened, but they pissed me off last time and the only way to get their attention is with your checkbook (or lack thereof).
  • TMS, change that Golf Cart policy and we'll be back (with our checkbooks).
  • I'm pretty sure this is a Bois d'Arc tree growing under my eyelid. More eyedrops, STAT!
  • The final episode of Eastbound and Down had an unexpected ending. RIP Kenny Powers... or not?
  • Very funny column by P.J. O'Rourke in The Wall Street Journal.
  • The "new" season of Top Gear starts tonight on BBC America. 

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Well, hell - I guess I shan't try that.

To think, those years after high school spent wearing LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes...for naught!