The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

H1N1 Anyone?

I felt like crap all day yesterday. I've been fighting a cold for the last few weeks, but yesterday it was really bad. I stayed in bed most of the day and tried to sleep it off. I finally got out of bed and tried to fly a bit in Aces High. That was a bust when my throttle suddenly decided to stop working.

As I sat there trying to diagnose the problem I started cramping in my gut, then it went full blown nausea. Next I started getting a hot flash from the Niaspan I take. Prefect timing. I'll spare you the rest of the gory details but the next few minutes (that felt like weeks) were not pretty and I'm fairly confident I was speaking some ancient language not heard in 1000's of years. Linda Blair would have been proud.

After the ordeal I crawled (yes crawled) to the bedroom and went back to bed. Somehow I survived the night without another round of  whatever the hell that was.

I still feel like crap, but at least I'm off work again today and the only words coming out of my mouth are English.

1 comment:

Kathleen... said...

Dude, you have my sympathies. Need someone to drop chicken soup to you?? :-&