The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Lighten Up, Francis

My weekends are kinda FUBAR. I'm off Monday/Tuesday instead of Saturday/Sunday. I also work evenings so my day is skewed off by another 8 hours. Let's do the Time Warp again!  It will mess with your head sometimes, like yesterday.

Normally I'm up very late on Sunday night watching TV. Between HBO, Showtime, AMC, AdultSwim, ect  there's a lot of stuff to watch on Sunday nights. Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, The Walking Dead... it's a lot to keep up with so I can fail to report it to you on a timely basis. Keep those cards and letters rolling in for Blog of The Year. Can ya hear me Barry? I'll take you in a cage match LLDQ!  Well, maybe not with your Zombielandesque commitment to Rule #1. But, Fritz Von Erich taught me The Iron Claw!

Anyway, I usually sleep in on Monday which would be your Saturday. My Sunday night is your Friday night. My morning is your lunch. Who's on First? What? Third base. Getting confused yet? Trust me, you will eventually.

This morning I woke up sans alarm bright and early around the crack of Noonish, respectably early for me on a Monday. I retrieved a frosty cold DP from the fridge, grabbed a Little Debbie's chocolate covered honey bun, tuned in DP on The101 and busted out my new laptop to catch up on what's happenin' now on the intertubes while lounging on the king size pillowtop. After a bit of watching Dan and The Danettes, I stumbled across an old Chairman of the Board movie on TCM I've only seen 30 or 40 times, The Detective.

It's a great old film. Completely timestamped in both performances and storyline. It's a bad movie, but it's so bad it's entertaining. Classic trainwreck effect. Plus it's Francis Albert Sinatra. Can't pass that up. Those were the good ol' days.

So, I'm about halfway thru the movie and Ol' Blue Eyes is the tough as nails NYPD cop with a heart of gold who's woman has done him wrong and the plot is actually getting interesting when my cell phone rings. Caller ID says it's work. Great, what do they need?

Me: Hello?


Caller: Whatcha doin'?


Me: Not much.


Caller: Did I wake you up?


Me: No, sittin' here watchin' a Sinatra movie actually. What's up?


Caller: You coming to work?


Me: Huh?


Caller: Umm, it's 2:30.


Me: Uhhh, what? This is Monday, right?


Caller: Yep, and you work 2 - 10, Baby!


Me: %#@*&%#!!!  I'm on my way!


I completely forgot about the schedule change. My supervisor asked me about it 2 weeks ago and I said no problem. I mean, what else do I have to do except lay around and watch old movies, right? That was the last we talked about it and I didn't look at the new schedule when it was posted because my schedule never changes, right?

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

This is where I could tell you to set a reminder on your phone, or leave a note on the fridge, or on your steering wheel, or leave a post it on the TV, or many other things to remind you to do something that you need to do or a place to go........BUT LIKE W-SPOUSE, you seem to need no reminders of such important things in life, like when your call schedule is or when your anniversary is........and so on.

Said with a big grin!

an Donalbane said...

Nah, you were just doing it your way.