The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, November 8, 2010

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times

Wow, what a weekend. Not everything went as planned, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. The obvious movie reference is a line by Gunnery Sergeant Thomas Highway in Heartbreak Ridge, "You improvise, adapt, overcome!"

That I did.

The first Cliff Lee slider was when I got an email from the producer of The Racing Chef wanting to shoot a segment with The Smoking Gun. Uh, we weren't taking it this time. There was a larger smoker planned for a company function with BIL's supplier. I call the owner and he's cool with us using it again. Problem solved.

I get down to TMS Thursday noon and park the RV and help the others get their campers set up, then catch a ride back to The South40 to bring my new and improved minitruck and BIL's golf cart with my truck. When I got back to TMS I was coughing, sneezing and drenched with sweat. I had a fever of 100.3. I did a few NyQuil shooters and went to bed.

When I woke up Friday the fever was gone and I felt relatively normal.

Next was when my new Phillips LCD died after an hour. I had to make a trip to Decatur Saturday morning anyway, so I threw it in the truck and made the dreaded side trip to Walmart. Surprisingly, it was one of the best experiences I've had there. The CSR I got was just as sweet as could be and did absolutely everything she could to get me in & out as fast as she could with as little hassle as possible.

I head back to TMS and get ready for people to arrive. I hook up the new Phillips LCD and put "How To Train Your Dragon" in the BluRay for my niece to watch. She comes to me in about an hour and says, "your TV turned off".

Exxxxxcellent.

I wasn't making any more trips to Decatur until Monday, so I adapt to the natural scenery as entertainment. Not a bad decision even tho the crowd was down considerably from previous years.

Next hurdle is I can't find my phone charger and my phone is down to 1 bar so limited use and no camera. Sorry, no party pictures this trip. Trust me when I say there could have been some great ones. The new speakers, dance pole and strobe lights I installed were a huge hit.

This morning we broke camp and headed home. I did make another stop at Walmart and exchanged the Phillips LCD for a Vizio. It's been on for 3 hours and no problems so far.

No comments: