The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good Eats

I had planned to have Marie Callendar's lasagna for supper tonight after work. But I learned the new mexican restaurant opened in Chico. Heaven forbid that I not to support a struggling new business.

Trust me, they won't be struggling for long. Julio's is located on the Chico square in the old firehouse. I'm told it's run by part of the famed Casa Torres family in Decatur. If the food is any indicator, they are indeed. Absolutely delicious, fast and inexpensive. For their first week they really had their act together and they were busy.

I had the #14 Combo enchilada dinner. Yummmm!

They are open Monday thru Saturday til 9. I'll update with more info.

In other news from The Limestone Capitol of Texas, I'm told the Deputy Sheriff has taken to riding a tricked out bicycle around town writing tickets. That's either the stupidest thing I've ever heard or I'm having flashbacks to The Andy Griffith Show when Barney got a motorcycle.

But don't let Checkpoint Chickie keep you from enjoying the great food at Julio's!

No comments: