The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, September 24, 2010

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Let me just say I am digging this weather! Unfortunately, we usually have about 30 seconds of spring and fall around here before it goes from one extreme to the other, so you really have to appreciate it while you've got it.

One of the advantages of living on the edge of civilization is I can sleep with the windows open and enjoy the cool night breeze. Of course I usually wake up stopped up tighter than a drum and can barely breathe enough to crawl to the econo size bottle of Claratin in the medicine cabinet, but damn it it's worth the hassle.

It reminds me of when I was a little kid and would go stay at my grandparents house. There was no such thing as central heat and air. There were Dearborne gas heaters when it was cold and windows when it was hot. When it was really hot you made a pallet and slept on the back porch. You pull that stunt today and they would have CPS kicking your door down. Oddly enough, humans actually survived under such primitive living conditions back then and did so quite well.

Anyway for the next few nights it will be prime sleeping weather.

While searching for something to shnazz this post up a bit I ran across this gem and it gave me an idea for a new feature. Karaoke Vid of the Week. Think about it, this has some serious Tosh.0 potential, or Gong Show at the very least. (Get the Chuck Barris theme now?) You never know what kind of performance you'll get. I'm telling you America's got talent! Wait, that's a Simon Cowell reference... anyway I'm giving it a trial run and see what happens.

Here's Contestant #1:

No comments: