The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, October 26, 2009

H1N1 And The South 40


Sunday night one of my crew was injured and I had to take her to Bridgeport Hospital Doctor's Hospital North Texas Community Hospital's ER.

I came away impressed with both the staff and facilities. It took less than 2 hours start to finish.

Say what you will in support of Decatur's Hospital, we need more than one facility in The WC and Bridgeport is fulfilling that need.

I came away with something else. A certain brush with death and the H1N1 virus.

They had a special seating area for Swine Flu symptom patients about 15 feet away from where I was seated. The problem was they had to walk past me from the entrance and stand at the admission window 5 feet away, then walk directly past me again on their way to the "special flu seats". If you were in the room, you were in the kill zone.

After hearing the 2nd patient check in saying "I think I gots me the pig flu", I decided there was a better chance surviving in the severe thunderstorm that was raging outside and staged a tactical retreat.

All turned out well for the employee. Nothing broken, but she did have a severe contusion.

I on the otherhand have gone into full Felix Unger mode. I'm debating about taking a bath in Clorox.

No comments: