The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Deja-Vu All Over Again

Stepped out my backdoor yesterday afternoon to go water cattle and was greeted with a face full of smoke. It was barely a year ago that I narrowly escaped being burned out of house and home by a grassfire. This time I got lucky and was spared any damage. It was contained before it reached my land.

The grassfire started in our old "East Pasture". My Dad sold it off years ago and now it's filled with trailerhouses. Apparently one of those was the source and a gusty south wind helped whip it into a fury. It reached an old windbreak and got pretty intense for a bit.

Many thanks to the Chico and Alvord firefighters that arrived quickly and got the fire under control before things got out of hand.

3 comments:

The Accomplice said...

Fire spreads so quickly. You have to love those fireman.

el chupacabra said...

Yeah, gotta love those firemen!

Oops, did I say that out loud!?

Dude, you gotta quit playing with matches.

RPM said...

Dude, my neighbors got to stop playing with matches.

I never knew a hayfield was a hazmat zone.