What goes on between a man, a woman, a box of wine and some Astrolube is one thing.
But this Chinese chair stuff is for the birds!
In China, a fourteen-year-old boy was killed when the chair he was sitting on exploded. Parts of the chair entered the boy’s rectum. The result was extensive bleeding, and it killed him.
The killer chair is a gas cylinder type, not unlike those commonly seen at most computer work stations and home offices. The height is altered by an adjustable cylinder containing highly pressurized gas. It is this high pressure cylinder that exploded.
In 2007, another chair exploded propelling a 20cm piece of shrapnel into the backside of a 68-year-old man. He lived.