The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, December 22, 2008

I Loves Me Some Cabella's!


Went Christmas shopping today with my Brother in Law and we stopped by Cabella's. They had a great sale on Remington 700's with a Bushnell scope for $299. I decided I wanted a .300 Win Mag after seeing the one my nephew bought last week. The only one they had left had a really ugly stock.


They had several .270's but I like a larger round. Knockdown power is my friend! The salesman looked around and found a Model 710 in .300 Win Mag with a very good looking composite stock. I immediately fell in love with it but it was $369. The salesman then offered to sell it at the Model 700 sale price of $299.


SOLD!!!


When I went to check out I whipped out a "30% off any purchase" coupon I got in the mail. That knocked the price down to $209. I then used my Cabella's card and got and additional $100 off plus $15 in Cabella's points. There is also a mail-in rebate for $50.


Final price $44 !!!


This is the first brand new rifle I've ever owned and I can't be happier with the gun or the deal! A friend just told me " Carefull, you're gonna put an eye out, kid"!

I once shot both eyes out of a squirrel in a tree at 30 yards with a Marlin .30/30 saddle gun. Pan fried him with some okra, onions and potatoes.
I hope to get bigger game with this gun.

You're all invited to the first cook out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll also need a bigger pan and more veggies.

Have the Remington 710 .270 with the composite stock and love it. My 12 yr old got his first deer last Feb with it from 100 yds and it never took a step.

Good luck!

el chupacabra said...

lucky