The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Ritual Continues


Everyone has their own Thanksgiving traditions. Mine started many, many years ago as a impressionable long haired yoot listening to The Zoo (KZEW). I never realized how important it was to me until I joined the Coast Guard and spent my first Thanksgiving away from home. Come to find out, not every rock station around the world plays Arlo Guthrie's iconic tale on Turkey Day and that is a crying shame.

Altho this isn't the original, it's become my favorite version. Enjoy a little Arlo with your turkey and have a happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

Cool! Thanks for posting that - I had not heard that version before, and didn't hear the original played on KZPS when I was driving today, as I was listening to CDs.