The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Friday, December 23, 2011

Greatest Camera Strap Ever

I've just recently ventured into cameraland and I quickly discovered there's a ton of stuff that you get stock that is crap. Mainly, the carry strap and lens. I used the stock strap that came with my Cannon D1100 and nearly sawed the back of my neck off after just a few hours. 

I remembered a friend talking about a new speedstrap he bought a while back and how much he loved it. So on his recommendation I went looking for one and ran across Carryspeed. They are a Houston company that uses top quality materials so I ordered a CS-1.

WOW! Talk about comfortable and easy to use. The camera is mounted to the strap via the "speed mount" which also is able to hook to any tripod mount in seconds. When you are not using the camera it hangs at your hip, out of the way but at arm's legnth. The underarm strap holds the Carryspeed in position so it doesn't slide back and forth cutting a groove in your shoulder. When you are ready to shoot it smoothly slides up the strap into shooting position. It's a very natural feeling motion. The weight on your shoulder is much more comfortable than the back of your neck.

The CS-1 also has a zippered pocket in the shoulder pad with room to carry several memory cards and other small accessories like a spare battery or cleaning kit. It's tough, durable and comfortable. And at under $30 on Amazon, it's a great deal.

No comments: