The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amateur Night


You guys have fun. Us professional alcoholics are in lockdown mode...

I did pick up a decent bottle of  "domestic champagne". I won't go all sommelier on you, but Chateau Ste. Michelle makes some extremely decent domestic wines and I chose their Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de Blanc. I consider the fact I could find a semi-respectable bottle of sparkling wine in Chico, Texas a miracle of it's own.


I did make it known I expect at least some Moet & Chandon White Star next year. Rookies....


Here's hoping everyone has a safe, happy, prosperous and DWI free New Year.

1 comment:

an Donalbane said...

At the end of the NY weekend, I powered down with an experimental concoction - not quite sure what to call it - in the vodka martini family:

1-1/2 shots vodka
1/2 shot rose vermouth (the mixed remnants of a bottle of dry and a bottle of sweet vermouth)
1/2 shot blueberry schnapps
2 blackberries (healthy living, of course)
2 crushed ice cubes

Shaken, served in a martini glass.