The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

UPDATED: Lotsa Motorsports News!

Big day for race fans yesterday...

Kyle Bush got a speeding ticket. 128 in a 45. What's the fine for 83 mph over the limit (with an unidentified female in the car)? I think the ticket is going to be cheap compared to his newlywed bride's take on it.

He's already issued a full mea culpa:

 "Today I received a traffic citation in Iredell County. I was test driving a new sports car and I got carried away. I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment. I take responsibility for my actions and I can assure you that something like this will never happen again. I thank the Iredell County Sheriff's Department and all law enforcement for the hard work they do every day to protect the public and to enforce the laws in a fair and equitable manner." 


MAJOR EDIT: Turns out the "unidentified female" WAS his wife. In that case I have to throw kudos to KB. She has the right to enjoy the perks of being a World Class racer's wife and he wasn't stingy with the swag. 


I just wish he didn't drive for Toyota. Otherwise, I could be a huge KB fan.


Let the media beatdown begin!

Danica Patrick is going NASCAR full time. Starting next year she will shed her Indy Racing League firesuit and run the full NASCAR Nationwide Series schedule along with select Sprint Cup races. In 2013 she will run the full Sprint Cup schedule.  

Prepare for Danica overload. You think you've already seen Danica plastered all over everything? Bubba, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Her sponsor/endorsement level will be 10 times what it is now. They are playingit coy with "where she will wind up" but she will be driving for Dale, Jr. He may not be much of a driver anymore, but Jr. has learned how to be one hell of a savvy media machine and he is behind Danica's every move. I think Jr. will become known more for being a team owner than a driver, much like Richard Childress. 

    I also predict Danica will become the first woman to complete the Memorial Day 1100. The grueling back to back Indy 500 / Coca Cola 600 marathon. I doubt she will win either, but I wouldn't rule out a dual Top 10's. It's a huge milestone and is legitimately within her grasp.


    UPDATED AGAIN!: Now Danica is denying the announcement saying she has no plans to leave IRL. Stay tuned race fans...

    2 comments:

    aroundthecorner said...

    What the heck was he thinking?
    I totally agree about Danica. Not only do I support her, but I just might invite her over for supper some day.

    el chupacabra said...

    My record best is 110 in a 20. No, not kidding, nor lying.