The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bring it on down to Liquorville!



As usual Justin Timberlake rocked the house when he hosted the season finale of SNL. I would have never guessed I would become a Justin Timberlake fan and I can't name one of his songs to save my life, but the guy is loaded with talent and he's blog hit counter gold.

Along with reprising the "Bring it on down" sketch we were treated to other infamous bits like The Barry Gibb Talk Show and another music video with Andy Samberg. There were also several very funny original sketches including the gameshow "What's The Name?".

It may not have lived up to Betty White's season ender last year, but it was good stuff.

Now I can't help but wonder who will be back next season?

2 comments:

el chupacabra said...

I'm with you on Timberlake, though not qite ready to replace him as JT (James Taylor) in my heart.
You asked about the scorpion monster. That comes from a vague memory of either a comic book type thing or even a Chic tract that I saw as a kid where various symbology in the Bible is used to prove the end time stuff.

an Donalbane said...

Having grown up with the SNL, am not really much of a fan anymore, though when I do watch, I like to catch the cold-open, and hang on through Update.

Missed last night's episode playing Scrabble, but last week I got a kick out of the What['s] Up With That? sketch, with Paul Simon. I've never figured the whole Lindsey Buckingham angle for the bit, and thought it was great when the real LB did a walk-on and played an instrumental of Looking Out For Love, and a playalong to the bit's theme.

LB, IMO, is underrated as a guitarist.