The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Not As Bad As "A Dog Ate My Homework"

But it's close. A cow broke my DVR.

I hurried home from work last night, grabbed a frosty cold barley based beverage and plopped down in the recliner to watch the NASCAR race from Pocono that I recorded Sunday. That's when I discovered I had a minor problem. No signal from the satellite. At first I thought DirecTv had cut me off, but I checked my receiver in the computer room and it was working fine. So armed with flashlight in hand (and strapped to my forehead... those things are great), I wander off into the night to check the dish. Sure enough I find the electric fence down and one of the cables ripped out of the dish by a stray cow that managed to get her leg hung in the slack.

Lovely. Oh well, I pay extra each month for a maintenance service to cover just such unexpected events so I call DirecTv. Turns out that random acts of bovine satellite vandalism are not covered by the plan. But for a nominal fee of $50 they will be glad to schedule me a repair appointment.

Is this like flood insurance? Is there a seperate insurance program to cover vandalism by heifers that my regular insurance doesn't? Because I need me some of that.

No comments: