The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Monday, February 1, 2010

Generation Gap

I often discuss movies with coworkers. I seem to have stumbled upon the Grand Canyon of generation gaps, it's the movie "Airplane!". I was stunned that almost everyone under 25 had not seen or even heard of the Zucker/Abrahms/Zucker classic from 1980. Surely you can't be serious.



Kids these days... sheesh! (And don't call me Shirley)

6 comments:

an Donalbane said...

Roger, Roger. What's the vector, Victor?

And that girl really knew how to turn on the auto-pilot.

Airplane, and The Three Amigos are two of the best comedy movies ever.

el chupacabra said...

The weird thing and to show you're absolutely right- in the course of previous employment I was also around a lot of young movie fans who had somehow missed this gem, but had watched everything else from that generation.
Youth- it's wasted on young people.

el chupacabra said...

PS,"A hat, a broach, a pteradactyl"

Ha ha ha greatness

an Donalbane said...

And Mrs. Cleaver, speaking jive!

Golly!

Ryan said...

I had forgotten The Three Amigos, greatness.

an Donalbane said...

...and I'm pretty sure the only gladiator movie I ever saw was one with Kirk Douglas...