The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Coke Zero


Tastes 0% like CocaCola Classic.
I've never liked diet drinks. They always had a "whang" taste to me. I kept hearing how great Coke Zero was, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
It was a failed bit.
Zero calories, same nasty whang.
Even giving it a generous shot of bourbon only resulted in the waste of some fine Maker's Mark. I'll have to remedy this by buying some pure cane sugar Mexican CocaCola at IGA. It's in bottles on the Mexican Food isle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. What the f is whang?
TxMom

Anonymous said...

Nvm. Don't answer. Next time I'll look it up instead of asking.

RPM said...

It's just a phrase I've always used/heard to describe a nasty taste. A taste so bad your mind recoils in horror.

Just for kicks I looked up what Webster's has for whang...

Main Entry: whang

Pronunciation: \'hwaŋ, 'waŋ\
Function: noun
Etymology: alteration of Middle English thong, thwang
Date: 1536
1dialect a: thong b: rawhide
2British : a large piece : chunk
3often vulgar : penis

Holy crap! I did not use it in THAT way!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I guess I hosed it up on my last attempted post.

Yeah, I saw that definition... and thought: holy crap!

I guess I could have put 2 & 2 together from 'whangers...' but I didn't.

LOL ~ and just think, rpm, you've been saying that all along... hope not too many others know the proper definition! *wink*