The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

And God Said, "HA!"


As previously noted, I'm a NASCAR nut. It's one of the few sports I pay any attention to. But, unfortunately my work schedule conflicts with watching most of the races live. I normally get to see all the pre-race hoopla, the opening ceremonies and about 3 laps before I have to leave for work. Once in a blue moon I get Sunday off and can sit back and enjoy a race.




Guess what? There is a blue moon this Sunday. My normal relief manager's husband is having back surgery and my boss has to juggle the schedule. I lose having 2 days off together and my days off are changed, but one of them is changed to Sunday.




Huzzah! This is NASCAR's All-Star weekend! They do a bunch of fan friendly stuff including a non-points race where the drivers actually get back to old school style racing. They run for money, not points. People wind up in the wall "Loren Wallace style" when it comes down to the finish. There have been death threats because of this race in years past. This is the good stuff!




The race is Saturday night.




$%^&%#@*(*^%!!!!!

No comments: