The stars at night are big and bright...

The stars at night are big and bright...
The stars at night are big and bright...

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zombie Tractor?

Never underestimate the power of a redneck armed with a tractor and beer.

She ain't pretty. She'll never be the bell of the ball. But she's always there when you need her. I'm not talking about a booty call (unfortunately), I'm referring to my 1977 Massey Ferguson 235. When the nuclear winter is over and mankind hangs on by a thread, it will be riding on that tractor, I kid you not. I've sunk a 12 point chisel as deep as it would go in hard ground and all it did was stand on the rear tires and pull! It's out plowed tractors that are newer and bigger.

I've not been kind to it either. It's sat in the sun and weather since I bought it in '99. The thing is indestructible and will not die.

Can I get one just like it with power steering, a bucket and a cab? OK, ok.. let's not get greedy. But a man can dream. At least it has a beer holder!


The weather was perfect for working the roadbase, but Willie Jack did such a good job spreading it that there wasn't much to be done other than filling the gully working it's way up the northside of South40 Boulevard off 101. We'll see how it holds up when it finally rains.

LOL, yeah right... rain.

2 comments:

aroundthecorner said...

Do you remember my Uncle Bo Green?
He had an old Massey about that same year, maybe a few years older and about that size. I used to love that tractor better than the Deeres!
I've put out many a bale of hay to the dairy cows on that thing.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane....

el chupacabra said...

The night time shot is one seriously cool pic.
Have a heart- at least throw a tarp over the poor thing!